Saturday, February 16, 2008

SPAM - ONE SPAM EMAIL PER WEEK - AT THE MOST

How To Beat Spam. . .

Most people are buried with spam.  Mostly it's there fault.  They put their email address in places where the spam bots would pick it up.  Although, there are some people who unwittingly gave out their email address to the wrong website. 
 
I did some things a few years ago to avoid spam and I get almost no spam now.  It did require me to use a new email address.  And I am ever so careful as to who gets my email address now - other real, live, breathing human types.
 
And there are a few other things I did. 
 
And that is how I get just an average of ONE SPAM EMAIL PER WEEK.  If that. 

Here's the really fun part:  I have email addresses available on several websites.  And I don't even get spam from those. 

Want to know what I do to avoid spam?  You can email me thru 360ws.com. 
 
____________________________________________________________________
 
Here's a recent article from www.NEWS.com (FEB 11 2008): 

Spammers are winning--and it's not even close

If you spend an inordinate amount of time deleting the spam messages from your in-box, you are not alone.

According to the Web site trustedsource.org, there were a total of 154.3 billion mail messages sent around the world Sunday and 117.4 billion of them were spam. For those of you without a calculator, this means that 76 percent of those e-mail messages were spam. That's slightly below Symantec's recent monthly spam report, which claimed that on average 78.5 percent of e-mail messages are spam. Maybe Sunday was a slow day.

http://www.news.com/8301-10784_3-9869269-7.html?tag=nl.e729