| QUOTE | Max08 // 2 minutes ago | |
|
Ok time to set this straight. Being born & raised in the dirty "D" and also having worked for GM and Tier one suppliers....I do have insight. As everyone has said, Unions had there [sic] place at one time, them times are long gone. I have a brother who is a rep. at a Chrysler plant in Sterling Height, 22 years and he has never seen anyone get fired. They sleep, drink, and do drugs right at the plant and get sent for treatment. They caught maintenance guys rigging the exit turntile [sic] on camera so they could sneak out to the bar....they still work there. In 2005 I was at a wedding on a Saturday when one of the older (mid 60's) guys said, this is great and I'm getting paid overtime for it. I asked how, his reply: My partner punched him in, opened his toolbox and set a cup of coffee on it....this guy also bragged about how he had made over $100k per year for the last ten years...$100k for a factory worker??? Do we see the writing on the wall yet. Another brother worked for American Axle....in fact he was the shop steward, he would complain how the UAW would protect the biggest abusers and users....he then was replaced. I am glad he took their buyout! I resigned from GM in 05 at 38 years old and moved out of The total hourly compensation, if you take the rate of pay, medical and Retirement is astronomical. I hope my brother is able to get out of Chysler soon and that the big 3 make no more concessions with the UAW. This is not "Grapes of Wrath" this is now the | ||
April 9 2009
http://www.ireport.com/docs/DOC-241187
[well said and a great illustration why the Big 3 should go into bankruptcy to dump the UAW craziness]
No comments:
Post a Comment